From one of my favorite inspirational sites, Wardobe Refashion, I read about a Pay It Forward giveaway that is doing the rounds. I’ve officially promised mamaTAVE that I will send something handmade out to the first five people to comment on this post, agreeing to commit to continuing the giveaway on their blog. With me so far?
I’ve been feeling a little floopy and unfocused lately, and getting a surprise in the mail, that doesn’t involve paying bills always makes the floopy feel better; however, sending something to surprise somebody else takes banishing floopiness to a whole ‘nother level. Times five! Still with me? Sorry guys, it’s 3.51 am and this is all the sense you’ll get out of me until I have toast in 3 hours. I can’t have it now, because then I’ll have nothing to look forward to. Plus it’s -1 out, and I’m lazy 🙂 .
So here goes: I am willing to post overseas from Australia, but you need to commit to doing the same (obviously, from the country you live in, otherwise it could be the real long way round 🙂 ).
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I send you, but hopefully you will be very pleasantly surprised. It will definitely be sewing/craft related.
2. What I send will be made just for you, with love, by my own hands. You’d be surprised how much of our personalities come through online.
3. I will complete all gifts this year: 2009.
4. I will not give you any clue what it will be, but it will be a real thing that you can touch and feel, not a cybergift.
5. I reserve the right to do something strange. It may be weird and beautiful or monstrous and annoying. If you find it truly awful, just let me know, or you could send it on to someone who you know will truly love it.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this on your blog and make the same commitment to the first 5 people to comment and sign up.
7. Send your mailing address after I contact you to confirm.
If you are commenter no.6 and feel like you would like to be a part of this, go and check out the blogs of the first five commenters and wait for their commitment posts.
This is all about feeding the soul: getting a random something and making and giving random somethings. Certainly at 4.00 in the morning, I can’t think of a nicer thing to occupy my thoughts!
Feel the love.