Dear Turtle and Dennis,
How are you? I am fine.
I am writing to apologise for my lack of short attention span. Sometime ago you both honored me with variously a gold card award (Dennis) and a blog Meme tag (Turtle). And as you can imagine I was chuffed! I blew out my cheeks and smiled and had warm happy thoughts for at least the next 30 minutes in both cases. Unfortunately, then, instead of acting on both immediately, I procrastinated. Who would I bestow the honor onto? Who? Who? Would I remember how to put Dennis’s gold card html up on the site? (No) and could I do it so it looked like it is supposed to and does on everyone else’s blog? (Probably not despite having gotten fabulous instruction on how to do this before). And then *poof* – just like the best Christmas present book I got a few years ago….wait….what? Where was I? Oh yeah, anyway, my brain tucked it away into the part of my memory that deals with clever stuff, and closed the door. And locked it. And lost the key. And then forgot.
So, now I’m stuck at home with acute lower back pain caused by an overburdened sacrum and I can’t do anything. Not. A. Thing. Except walk and it’s raining outside and I can’t put my own sneakers on. OR 100 cobra poses, and the dogs compete to try and lick my face every single one. Yergghhhh!!!
Maybe it was the dog lick, I don’t know, but that dusty old door to the part of my brain with the stuff and the lock – remember that one? I just did. Anyway, it swung open. And I am very sorry. You guys are both very good and entertaining blog friends and I appreciate you both!
! Oh LOOK Dennis! There it is (hopefully)!
Luckily for me the rules are the same, so I’m taking full advantage of that – and I hope you won’t hold it against me.
1. Choose a max of 5 blogs (we could all probably list our entire blogroll, but then you might as well just point people at your blogroll).
2. Four of the 5 have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world (the definition of “another part of the world” is left to your discretion).
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the award (fair’s fair! If they’re sending traffic your way, the least you can do is thank them by sending traffic back theirs. Hopefully you also like their blog, too).
1. Em at the Itty Bitty Homestead, who lives generously and greenly in her little bitty place. She is not my sister BTW.
2. Stace who has the cutest piffle, drivel and fluff.
3. Rhubarb Whine – I love a whine and a woine.
4. Living is detail’s photos speak to me and her experiences help me remember and see better.
5. And a shout out to dr corner who is the only male and non-Australian on this list! The BBQ recipes were tasty.
(BTW, people, please don’t feel you have to follow through if this causes you any angst. It’s supposed to be fun. I did, but I think I got away with it. Don’t mention the war. What excellent comedy on the BBC did that line come from?)
Yours truly and forgetfully…WOW! You should see the rain pouring off the gutter! I feel like toast…..